Monday, October 24, 2011

What to eat in Sri Petaling

If you stay or work around Sri Petaling, above is the question you will keep asking yourself everyday. Herbs & Spices happens to be one of the relatively new restaurant here and I got to try out this restaurant thanks to Christine.

I’ll start with the star of the night which goes to Hainanese Chicken Chop. It was fried to perfection – the skin was very crispy but not oily, while the interior remained tender and juicy. Also, the gravy with green peas and onions really brought back memories. Traditional style.

Herbs Spices

Hainanese Chicken Chop (RM15.90) - RECOMMENDED

Herbs Spices

Some of the signature dishes at Herbs & Spices

First dish was Hainanese Mutton Soup, I would recommend this if you love soft and tender mutton.Herbs Spices

Hainanese Mutton Soup (RM10.90)RECOMMENDED

As for the Prawn Fritters. nothing to shout about.

Herbs Spices

Prawn Fritters (RM16.90)

The Rib Eye Steak was just ok, grilled to a lovely charred finish on the outside. The meat ws a little hard, guess it was cooked to medium well. I would personally prefer it to be medium cooked.

Herbs Spices

Rib Eye Steak (RM28.80)

It would seem that we couldn’t get enough of the chicken chop, for we also had the Spaghetti with Chicken Chop, which used the exact same chicken chop, but with a side of spaghetti instead of coleslaw and fries.

Herbs Spices

Spaghetti with Chicken Chop (RM15.90)

The Lamb Shank was meant for sharing, but you can finish it yourself if you’re a big eater like me.

Herbs Spices

Lamb Shank (RM26.50)  - RECOMMENDED

Apart from Western dishes, this restaurant also has a Kelantanese chef who whips up delicious Nasi Dagang to give it an Asian twist. My favourite was the Nasi Dagang with Ayam Berempah, served with a glorious piece of chicken thigh, marinated and fried to an aromatic finish. Yum !

Herbs Spices

Nasi Dagang with Ayam Berempah/ Spice Chicken (RM12.00)  - RECOMMENDED

If you’re not a chicken person, there’s also the Nasi Dagang with Ikan Tongkol which came with a side of fish. In my opinion, this paled in comparison to the chicken, so I’d still go for the chicken anytime. :)

Herbs Spices

Nasi Dagang with Ikan Tongkol (RM9.50)

The only I like to order when I visit Indonesia is Nasi Goreng Istimewa. The moment I saw the picture, I immediately ordered it. Here, it’s called Nasi Goreng Sri Petaling. The satay was great but I feel the fried rice tasted pretty bland though.

Herbs Spices

Nasi Goreng Sri Petaling (RM12.50)

For desserts, nothing that I fancy of as I always try to skip sweet stuff, even though there are always exceptions Smile

Herbs Spices

Creme Caramel (RM5.00) & Sago Melaka (RM4.00)

Herbs Spices

Apple Pie (RM8.00) & English Trifle (RM6.50)

I would definitely be back to Nasi Dagang and Chicken Chop. This place is comfortable, air-conditioned and has free Wi-Fi. I can foresee myself coming here more often for lunch!

Herbs Spices

Dining environment at Herbs & Spices

Address:

Herbs & Spices
51, Jalan Radin Bagus,
Bandar Baru Sri Petaling,
57000 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
Tel No.: +603 – 9057 5592 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +603 – 9057 5592 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

3 comments:

  1. the food presentation surely looks amazing~

    but the quality of the food from you mentioned... out of 10 like only 3 is good. hmm.. guess there is room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice looking food...damn..how come ur photos all so nice wan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very thankful if you continue with quality what you are serving right now with your blog...I really enjoyed it...and i really appreciate to you for this....its always pleasure to read so....Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete