Sunday, April 17, 2011

Silverspoon Trattoria Serves Italian Food @ Bandar Menjalara, KL

I love Italian food and when I visited Italian restaurant, the first thing that comes into my mind are ..... minestrone and mushroom? If you know me close enough, you'll know that I have weak spot for anything with tomato and mushroom. So, either it's eggs with tomato, minestrone, ratatouille, tomato/mushroom based spaghetti or even just tomato ketchup, I love all of them !  Alright, back to this blog post. One day I was invited to Silverspoon Trattoria at Bandar Menjalara, pretty far from my house but I'm willing to travel for Italian food :-) Do not take me wrong, this restaurant does not have tomato or mushroom as their theme. A Trattoria or an Italian-style diner, is supposed to be less formal, more casual and offers plenty of food with a reasonable pricing. We started dinner with the Weihenstephaner Beer! I love German beers, but it was my first time to try this brand. Very smooth and rich in malt flavor, it hit my spot, perfect !

Silverspoon-6

Above: Weihenstephaner Beer (RM27) RECOMMENDED

Silverspoon-1

Above: Dining environment of Silverspoon Trattoria

Silverspoon-4

Above: Decorative Plates on the wall

We started with Chargrilled Calamari Salad, with a generous amount of squid on a bed of salad. Just right to go along with the beer, even thought it was tad chewy.

Silverspoon-9

Above: Chargrilled Calamari Salad (RM23)

Next - mushroom !! It was the Stuffed Mushrooms, with juicy pieces of huge portobellos topped bread crumbs, herbs and cheese. The mushrooms were extremely fragrant and the juices were bursting with flavour. Simply good, no comment !

Silverspoon-10

Above: Stuffed Mushrooms (RM19) RECOMMENDED

Below was the Duck Leg Confit, which was slowly cooked in its own juices, resulting in crackly and crispy skin. The duck was tender, flavourful and well-cooked. Now, if you excuse me, I feel like I want to hold it, bite it and pull it. Mmmm....imagining now.

Silverspoon-11

Above: Duck Leg Confit (RM39) RECOMMENDED

When I visited Australia, they are popular of Chicken Parmigiana. Suprisingly, this dish is the Best-Selling item here! After the first bite, I paused a moment, then kept on chewing it. Then, my head started to nod, sending acknowledgement to my mind - APPROVED ! It is must order item here, definitely worth the RM29.

Silverspoon-19

Above: Chicken Parmigiana (RM29) RECOMMENDED

Next, the Braised Lamb Shank were also getting an APPROVED signal from my brain. It was tender and juicy, served on a bed of ratatouille. You heard ratatouille -> tomato -> my weak spot. So, you asked? No need to elaborate further, right?

Silverspoon-14

Above: Braised Lamb Shank (RM39) RECOMMENDED

The Grilled Salmon Fillet was fresh, juicy and smooth, with the flavours well-absorbed within the crevices of the fish flakes.

Silverspoon-15

Above: Grilled Salmon Fillet (RM43) RECOMMENDED

The Rib Eye Steak was made from premium Australian, drenched with red wine sauce. The wet and messy steak didn’t look very appealing to me but the first bite revealed flavourful juices within the very tender meat.

Silverspoon-16

Above: Rib Eye Steak (RM53) RECOMMENDED

If you're into pastas, then you're in the right place. Silverspoon serves a wide variety of pastas as well. My favourite had to the the Linguine Pesto, served with pine nuts and sizable scallops! There were at least 8 pieces of plump scallops within, mixed well with the al dente linguine. I know I know, you're going to say - that's not tomato based ! I found the marinara and salmon spaghetti to be lack of the tomato taste that I love - with lots of tomato paste with sourish finish.

Silverspoon-12

Above: Spaghetti Marinara (RM29)

Silverspoon-13

Above: Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Mushrooms (RM24) RECOMMENDED

Silverspoon-17

Above: Salmon Spaghetti (RM28)

Silverspoon-21

Above: Linguine Pesto (RM28) RECOMMENDED

Silverspoon-18

Above: Seafood Risotto (RM29)

The Lasagne Bolognese was served with melting cheese and minced meat were generous and well stuffed between the layers of pasta. This is definitely good for sharing.

Silverspoon-20

Above: Lasagne Bolognese (RM27)

Now, time for some desserts. We get to choose from Tiramisu, Creme Brulee and Chocolate Pot.

Silverspoon-23

Above: Tiramisu (RM16)

Silverspoon-24

Above: Creme Brulee (RM16)

Silverspoon-25

Above: Chocolate Pot (RM15)

At the end of the dinner, now it's time for the question of coffee or tea? There are selection of Cafe Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha, Hot Chocolate. Just perfect to end the meal.Silverspoon-26

Above: Cafe Latte (RM7.50)

Silverspoon-27

Above: Macchiato (RM8)

Silverspoon-28

Above: Hot Chocolate (RM8)

Silverspoon-29

Above: Cappuccino (RM7.50)

Silverspoon-31

Above: Dining companions in black

Overall, Silverspoon Trattoria lived up to its expectations with comfortable environment. A right place for family dinner or romantic date (they have a private area) without burning a hole in your pocket!

Silverspoon-2

Above: Silverspoon Trattoria

Thank you Jessica for having us!

Address:

Silverspoon Trattoria (above Ambank, near Tesco)
No.2, 1st Floor, Wisma Menjalara,
Jalan 7A/62A, Bandar Menjalara,
52200, Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
Tel No.: +603-6277 0445
GPS Coordinates: N 3 11.728 E 101 37.973

11 comments:

  1. Cappucino....rich and foamy. :D I think dunking the cookie will make the whole coffee more delectable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the salmon spaghetti good? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really a good dining experience with all of u! :D I really enjoyed the foods and drinks and companions of the night. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @tekkaus, yep i love cappcucino and caramel macchiato !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tekkaus, salmon spaghetti is just average for me, nothing to shout about. I prefer grilled salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @KY, Hello back ! I know, i'm not Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. @caroline, yep, glad you were there that night too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Italian food and like you would travel for a great meal. I thought at the beginning of the post what would I order out of your selection? I got to the duck and thought Hmm yes that's for me, then the lamb shank, then on and on.... there wasn't a dish I would have left off the order!!!

    Next time I'm in KL I know where I will be dinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are choices of Italian dishes around Kuala Lumpur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver spoon oratorio serves Italian fid. You have given useful information about it

      Delete